Twenty-First Century Fox Inc (NASDAQ:FOXA) Acquires 80% Stake

820

Dallas, Texas 03/12/2014 (FINANCIALSTRENDS) – Twenty-First Century Fox Inc (NASDAQ:FOXA) a global media and entertainment company has announced that it has successfully closed acquiring 80% stake in Yankees Entertainment and Sports Network (YES Network). With this acquisition Fox Inc will have major stake in YES network and the remaining 20% will be retained by YES network and it will be an entity of 21st Century Fox. This deal will enhance 21st Century Fox’s regional sports holdings. The company currently has 22 regional sports networks, producing over 5,000 live local events.

Twenty-First Century Fox Inc (NASDAQ:FOXA) Ratings Upgraded

Twenty-First Century Fox Inc (NASDAQ:FOXA) with a trading volume of 11,709,103 shares reported a 52 week low of $25.8922 and a high of $35.75. The company has a market cap of $76.256 billion and a price-to-earnings ratio of 15.44. The company also noticed a significant drop in short interest during the month of January. During mid February, there was short interest totaling 43,961,058 shares, a drop of 17.0% from the January 31st total of 52,961,014 shares. The short-interest ratio based on an average daily trading volume is presently 2.9 days, of 15,144,855 shares. Currently, 3.0% of the shares of the stock are short sold. The company reported $0.43 EPS for the quarter. For the current fiscal year according to the analysts the company is likely post $1.47 EPS. The company also recently announced a semiannual dividend at $0.125 per share. This represents a dividend yield of 0.78%. With all these factors the market analysts have weighed the company’s share and provided their ratings. BMO Capital Markets have tagged it as an “outperform”. Analysts at The Street have suggested a “buy”. Around twenty research analysts have rated “buy” and three as “hold”. It currently has an average rating of “Buy” and a consent price target of $37.86.

Subscribe to get your free report!

* indicates required
*Past performance is not a predictor of future results. All investing involves risk of loss and individual investments may vary. The examples provided may not be representative of typical results. Your capital is at risk when you invest – you can lose some or all of your money. Never risk more than you can afford to lose.By submitting your information you agree to the terms of our Privacy Policy • Cancel Newsletter Any Time.This is a FREE service from Finacials Trend. Signing up for our FREE daily e-letter also entitles you to receive this report. We will NOT share your email address with anyone.