Southwestern Energy Company (NYSE:SWN)’s Operational Update

0
824

During the earnings conference of Q2 2017 financial results, Jack Bergeron, the SVP of Operations with Southwestern Energy Company (NYSE:SWN), released an operational update. He reported that in Q2 2017, the company invested around $318 million in its E&P business and posted total net production of 222 Bcf, a jump of around 9% over the first quarter of the year. This comprises a jump in company’s Appalachian Basin of 140 Bcf.

The update

Southwestern has been continuing to advance its technical learnings and apply them across its portfolio. It has been achieving its major operating capability linked to extended laterals, completion intensity, optimized flow techniques and lateral placement. These achievements showcase a step change in how the firm is approaching well design to increase value and again establish company as a pioneer in U.S. shale gas development.

For instance, in Northeast Appalachia, the average lateral length of company’s wells has increased by more than 10% since 2015, while remaining in the targeted interval more than 90% of the time, a notable improvement from the around 75% precision back in 2015. The company completed two of these wells with average lateral lengths of more than 11,000 feet.

Bergeron mentioned that Southwestern is recording continued success with its heightened completion intensity testing through its acreage. The continuous enhancements made in core acreage positions were delivering benefits in company’s delineation testing throughout its portfolio that could bring additional value.

In Southwest Appalachia, the first firm drill of Utica well remains to perform as a major quartile well with aggregate production of more than 2 Bcf in its initial six flowing months. The well is presently working at a rate of 15 MMcfe of gas a day with a casing pressure of around 6,000 psi. Based on company’s extensive assessment, it’s estimated to remain flowing at this flat rate until sometime in 2018.

This report is for information purposes only, and is neither a solicitation or recommendation to buy nor an offer to sell securities. Financials Trend is not-a-registered-investment-advisor. Financials Trend is not a broker-dealer. Information, opinions and analysis contained herein are based on sources believed to be reliable, but no representation, expressed or implied, is made as to its accuracy, completeness or correctness. The opinions contained herein reflect our current judgment and are subject to change without notice. Financials Trend accepts no liability for any losses arising from an investor's reliance on the use of this material. Financials Trend sometimes gets compensated up to one hundred and fifty thousand dollars per month for featuring particular stocks. See site disclaimer for complete compensation. Financials Trend and its affiliates or officers currently hold no shares of these stocks. Financials Trend and its affiliates or officers will purchase and sell shares of common stock of these stocks, in the open market at any time without notice. Financials Trend will not update its purchases and sales of these stocks in any future postings on Financials Trend's websites. Certain information included herein is forward-looking within the context of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including, but not limited to, statements concerning manufacturing, marketing, growth, and expansion. The words "may", "would," "will," "expect," "estimate," "anticipate," "believe," "intend," " project," and similar expressions and variations thereof are intended to identify for ward-looking statements. Such forward- looking information involves important risks and uncertainties that could affect actual results and cause them to differ materially from expectations expressed herein. *Financials Trend does not set price targets on securities. Never invest into a stock discussed on this web site or in this email alert unless you can afford to lose your entire investment.